First 5 Things You Should Do Following a Car Accident
Being in a car accident in Georgia is a shocking event, even if you and your passengers are not injured. If you are hurt, though, there are things you can do to ensure that you don’t make a bad situation worse. After evaluating the extent of any injuries, here are five things you should do following a car accident:
- Call 911, even if you or your passengers seem to have only minor injuries. Some injuries do not produce any symptoms at first, and delaying treatment can be serious. Additionally, many police departments will not dispatch its officers to an accident scene unless there are reported injuries.
- If you are physically able to do so, exchange information with all involved drivers. This includes insurance, driver's license numbers, addresses, license plate numbers and vehicle registration information. If you are unable to exchange this information, the police will obtain it for you and it will usually be listed in the traffic collision report.
- Conduct a simple on-scene investigation. Take photos of the scene and the damage to the vehicles with your cell phone or other camera. If there are witnesses, obtain their names and contact information.
- Talk only to the police about what happened and not to anyone else, including your own passengers. When giving your statement, do not guess or speculate as to times and distances, but give your best estimate.
- Call the Law Offices of Jason & Bradley, LLC at your first opportunity. As your personal injury attorneys, we will contact the insurance companies and establish claims for you. We will handle every aspect of your injury claim and ensure that all your rights are protected—and get you the compensation you deserve.
Get personal assistance with your Georgia injury claim. You deserve individual attention and efficient service when you have suffered injuries. Our fee is a portion of your recovery—if we do not win, you do not pay. To schedule a free consultation with a dedicated personal injury attorney, contact Jason & Bradley, LLC.