Georgia Lawyers Seek Justice for Families after a Wrongful Death
Stone Mountain firm obtains compensation for surviving loved ones
Losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence or misconduct is a devastating event. When you’re dealing with such great loss, enforcing your legal rights can feel like an extra burden on top of an already tragic situation. At Jason & Bradley, LLC in Stone Mountain, we help grieving family members secure the compensation they are entitled to under Georgia’s wrongful death law. Our lawyers assist surviving family members and estate representatives as they seek compensation for funeral costs, medical expenses, wages that the victim would have earned, and the value of the decedent’s companionship. Whether your case goes to trial or is resolved through a settlement, we will work diligently to provide some relief.
You may be entitled to compensation for the loss of a loved one if the death was wrongful — caused by an act which was:
Georgia wrongful death law shows great respect for the worth of a human life. When you prevail in a wrongful death lawsuit, you receive the full value of the life of the decedent. That value is determined by factors including economic damages, such as expected lifetime income, and more abstract concepts such as the enjoyment of life.
You may bring a wrongful death suit if you are:
- The surviving spouse
- A surviving child, if there is no surviving spouse
- The decedent’s parents, if there is neither a spouse nor child surviving
A jury has broad discretion to assess damages, and there is no legal limit to the size of a wrongful death award.
Atlanta-area attorneys handle a full range of fatality claims
State law gives wrongful death claimants two years from the date of death to file a lawsuit. Taking swift action will give you the best chance of securing a fair recovery. In a free initial consultation, we can advise you of the legal issues relating to all types of wrongful death cases, including those arising from:
- Car crashes — Our firm pursues appropriate relief from insurance companies and faulty drivers in cases involving fatal auto accidents.
- Workplace accidents — If someone you love died while on the job, we can help you collect the benefits you are entitled to and can also take action against third parties who might have been responsible for the incident.
- Security failures — Large crowds and areas that are open to the public present a danger to innocent people. If someone has died because proper security measures weren’t taken, our firm will pinpoint where the failure occurred and take action.
- Defective products — Common household items, vehicles and other products can be extremely dangerous if they are designed, built or labeled incorrectly. We take on large defendants when manufacturing problems have deadly results.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect — Elderly people living in nursing homes are vulnerable to mistreatment and neglect. If you suspect that a loved one’s death was triggered by improper care, we can help determine if litigation is a suitable option.
- Medical malpractice — Doctors and other healthcare providers who violate standards of care put patients at great risk. After a death occurs, we have the ability and network of experts to find where the problems occurred.
Our accomplished personal injury lawyers are committed to helping families deal with a tragic loss while holding negligent and malicious parties accountable.
Contact an accomplished Georgia wrongful death lawyer for a free initial consultation
Jason & Bradley, LLC advises Atlanta-area clients on wrongful death actions when loved ones have died due to negligence or misconduct. Please call (404) 297-9933 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at our office in Stone Mountain.